Time for a picnic!
It’s finally that time again! Spring is here! Now the days are getting longer and the sun is shining more, it’s becoming more and more attractive to go out. Especially now the bars are unfortunately still closed, many people choose to bring their own food and drinks to a park or forest to have a nice picnic. With our PlantHome you have enough options at home to make tasty picnic dishes yourself. Below, we give you some inspiration in the form of three delicious recipes that you can make with fresh herbs and vegetables from the PlantHome:
For 2 cocktails:
- 1 lime
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 80 ml of rum
- 4 teaspoons of cane sugar
- Sparkling water
- Icecubes or crushed ice
- Cut the lime into 8 wedges and put 4 wedges in each glass
- Add 2 teaspoons of cane sugar and 2 sprigs of fresh mint to each glass and mash everything into a paste
- Fill the glasses for the most part with ice cubes or crushed ice
- Add 40 ml of rum to each glass
- Fill the glasses up with sparkling water, stir and enjoy!
Tip: of course, you can also go for a tasty non-alcoholic cocktail, you just have to omit the rum!
Sandwich with grilled chicken and butter lettuce
- 10 leaves of fresh butter lettuce
- 1 large chicken filet
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 fresh tomato or a handful of roasted tomatoes
- Cut the chicken filet into slices and brush with a little oil and sprinkle with some herbs if desired
- Fry the chicken slices in a grill pan and turn them halfway, so that nice grill marks appear on both sides
- Toast the slices of bread in a grill pan or toaster
- Divide the mayonnaise over the toast and top 2 of the toasts with alternating slices of lettuce, tomato and chicken
- Cover the sandwiches with the chicken, lettuce, and tomato with the plain sandwiches and cut the sandwiches in half
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes (about 250 grams)
- 1 container of mozzarella balls
- 2 large sprigs of fresh basil
- (olive) oil
This recipe is actually very simple: stick a tomato, a basil leaf and a ball of mozzarella on all skewers. Then drizzle some (olive) oil over the skewers and sprinkle them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Et voilà: your tasty caprese skewers are ready!